Robbyn Laufer, OTR/L
Robbyn is co-founder and clinical director of Kids Can Therapy Services. She co-founded the practice in 2000 with a passion for helping families overcome the challenges associated with Sensory Processing Disorder.
Robbyn discovered her desire to become a Pediatric Occupational Therapist in high school when her parents adopted a baby with Down syndrome and she assisted with his therapy. He experienced many Sensory Processing difficulties which propelled her further into pursuing that area of expertise.
Robbyn was able to pursue that passion after graduating Magna Cum Laud with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Occupational Therapy from the Medical College of Virginia. In her 24+ years in practice she has worked as a Pediatric Occupational Therapist in early intervention, hospital, private schools, and private practice settings and over the years has had the pleasure of expanding her practice to include the treatment of adults who have experienced sensory processing challenges since childhood.
Robbyn has received extensive training in the treatment of individuals with Sensory Processing Disorder. She and her staff remain continuously up-to-date on new and emerging concepts and trends. She provides ongoing continuing education opportunities for all her staff members to sustain the highest level of skills and training needed to produce meaningful outcomes for our families.
Robbyn is passionate about educating members of the community and conducts frequent training workshops for parents, educators, counselors, psychologists, and medical professionals who are interested in learning more about normal Sensory Motor Development and the impact of Sensory Processing Disorders on the function of our children, students, patients, and families. She has presented at the Georgia Psychological Association and Georgia Speech and Hearing Association annual conferences and has published in the Kids Enabled Magazine- a national, award winning digital magazine dedicated to children of different abilities and in Atlanta Mom Magazine.
Robbyn has specialty trainings and certifications in a variety of clinical techniques, therapeutic approaches, and evaluation tools including:
- The Sensory Integration and Praxis Test (SIPT certified)- for the evaluation and diagnosis of children with Sensory Integration Dysfunction
- Therapeutic Listening and Integrated Listening Systems (iLs) for the treatment of sound sensitivity, self-regulation, attention and coordination difficulties
- The Wilbarger Touch Pressure Protocol for the treatment of sensory defensiveness and self-regulation challenges
- Astronaut training Protocol for integration of vision, sound, and movement
- Various Handwriting Programs including Handwriting Without Tears, Loops and Other Groups, and First Strokes for the remediation of handwriting deficits
E-mail Robbyn Laufer at firstname.lastname@example.org.